Thursday, August 18, 2005

You Leave and You LO$E

An Open Letter to OfficeMax.

Dear Mr. Bonner,

I don't intend to shop again at OfficeMax until you reverse this decision about the corporate headquarters. I am hoping others across Ohio will feel the same. You have not justified this departure to the community and it mocks your Code of Ethics. It is about the extra burden you will place on the unemployment roles. It is not simply about lost taxes in Shaker Heights, nor no new gain in Cleveland. I have been over a year trying to find employment in my profession in Northeast Ohio. Now you've added to the competition.

This is one time it is easy to vote with my feet. My attachment (to the original letter) is a copy of my $15 purchase made at Staples today. I hope you see many more from businesses and individuals in the near future, both retail and contract. May they return unopened merchandise and cancel your contracts.

Please forward this message to Mr. Duncan's office.


Copyright 2005 Harlan R. Cohen MBA,CPIM

No comments: