Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Advice to Young Professionals

I received an email from a new graduate that asks for help in determining a career path in Information Technology , which I assume leads up to an email asking for networking contacts.
I took a poetic turn in my response and think it might be worth sharing. And if my children ever ask for my advice, maybe I'll share it with them too.


My career path is a tangled one and I am currently unemployed. My advice is that a temperate attitude is always best. Project management skills and experience go a long way to keeping you employed when technology changes rapidly. And moving on to the next prominent development language and platform, or a new methodology, is wise (although the depth of learning will be dependent on your role).

Both failure and success are momentary conditions. Love is more constant.

Copyright 2010 Harlan R. Cohen MBA,CPIM

No comments: